|Zucchini Escarole Soup||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 27 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- cup snipped fresh dill
- teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups lightly packed, coarsely chopped escarole
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallion (dark green part)
- In a 2-quart nonstick saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and water; bring to a boil.
- Add the zucchini, dill, and poultry seasoning; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Add the escarole, lemon juice, sugar, pepper, and salt; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with the scallion.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 140 Fat: 0 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 0 Sugar: 6 Fiber: 2 Protein: 5
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe